Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Next Steps

The first picture shows the body sketch taken from the finished head, and the pattern drafted from the sketch. Doing it this way helps me to get the proportions right - I think visually, so being able to see it all laid out really helps.

The second picture shows the legs sewn and cut out, but not turned; the arms sewn, but not cut out and the body turned and temporarily stuffed to check the size with the head. It will be 'unstuffed' to do the leg joints. You will also notice that I have pencilled in the features - this helps to make sure there are no major unevennesses. Having said that, I am not hung up on absolute symmetry in a face!


4 comments:

Little Snoring said...

Beautiful. It is wonderful to see part of your process. thank you

Dixie Redmond said...

Wowww. It's so American to say that but it's what I think when I look at your work.

Karen Becker said...

Susie, little Flora is beautiful! I really enjoyed seeing the process in making her. I love your drawings. Thanks for sharing! Karen Becker

a view from a heart of mersea said...

My word, woman, your dolls are totally gorgeous!!!! Where did you get the instructions to do this? And how did you make the head?

Gorgeous dolls!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...