Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I've Been Busy!








Apart from getting new items ready for my Etsy store (http://www.susiemcmahon.etsy.com/), I have been working on my ADO 'Elements' challenge piece - here are some w.i.p. pictures. I need to get a wriggle on with this because I only have about nine days to get it completed. I'm calling this piece "Aeris - an Airy Wraith".
I also have this new head ready for a body. The glorious Tibetan lamb wig is from http://www.dollmakersjourney.com/ and was part of my prize for winning the 'Discworld' challenge. I got to choose stuff from their wonderful online store - I chose two colours of this Tibetan lamb (each piece is big enough for three or four wigs) and a yard of wool blend felt in a yummy cinnamon colour - I'm planning to use it to make some dolls with moulded felt heads, which is something I haven't done in a while. Dollmakers Journey has a great list of quality stuff for dollmakers - worth checking out if you haven't yet done so.

I will most likely be posting some new things on Etsy this weekend.

8 comments:

MLBetterly said...

Fantastic so far! I just love your dolls! I can't wait to see her finished!

Susie McMahon said...

My goodness, Moriah! You were quick off the mark......I just finished that post a few seconds ago!

If I'm not too tired (and fall asleep in front of the TV like I usually do) I'll try and get more of this done tonight - I'd love to get it done by this weekend, but unfortunately I have to go to my 'real' job for the next two days (High School Art Dept) so chances are not too good unless I burn some midnight oil.

moti said...

love her!!!!!!!!! just can´t wait!!!!!!!
lovely

regards

Eli

Cody Goodin said...

Great process pictures Susie. I can't wait to see her finished. I am working on an earth element piece. I did not have my camera at the studio to take progress photos. I hope to get mine done this weekend too. looking forward to seeing her finished.

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

As usual, stunning. Just gorgeous and can't wait to see finished!

Jdee said...

You are a busy gal! I can't wait to see your piece for the challenge finished! I can already tell it's going to be gorgeous!
xoxox

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks all, for the kind comments!
I managed to get some work done on the 'Air' piece last night instead of falling asleep in front of the TV - she is no longer held together by pins, and her head has been sized ready for painting.
Might have another go tonight after work....and taking grand-daughter to dancing......and cooking dinner......and doing some laundry. Well.....maybe tomorrow night!

Lady Artisan said...

She's beautiful, of course! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm ashamed to say that my poor Hamlet/Romeo (yes, I'm thinking about changing him because, let's face it, a rose is much easier to make than a skull) is still in pieces. The traveling doll project has pretty much taken up all of my dollmaking time for some time now :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...