Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sorrydoll

I'm going to make several dolls like this for the December exhibition. I usually take around a week to make something like this, but I was very certain where I was going with it, so it all happened really quickly......once I started working on it, I didn't want to stop! All done in a day and a half.



This morning, the doll was partially done - one arm missing and all pinned together - after I fell asleep over it last night, but she looked appropriate nestled up to some fading roses.


As the light failed this evening, I managed to get a couple of pictures of the doll almost completed. I will take some better pictures tomorrow.



And here is the Sorrydoll with "Lilt", her alter-ego.







9 comments:

Ludmila Rusman said...

Bravo Master!!!

Yve said...

They are lovely. I actually thought that the doll in the top picture with one arm was finished until I scrolled down. I love your attention to detail :o)

Kays Kids said...

I just love where you are going with this series. Fantastic. I'm so glad you are enjoying it.
hugs

Susan McMahon said...

Thanks all!

Anita said...

I think she is my favorite of all your works...her expression is so mischievous...and joyful

sirkkis said...

Rakastan sinun nukkeja ovat kauniita ♥

Rhissanna said...

This is lovely work for a day and a half (wow!) and I understand the fever when you want to see a doll finished. The harlequin diamonds in those muted colours really suit the doll's expression.

Pamela Davis said...

You must be getting tired of me using words like AWESOME, FANTASTIC, SPECTACULAR...but these words don't really describe your work... I think I am going to have to find some words in another language that expresses exceeding these words. I just love what you do!

hugz
Pam

Pamela Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...