Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Change.

Over the last few months I have been rather intensively concentrating on making sculpture (with the odd doll thrown in, because sometimes I just NEED to make one). And then last week I got what is a rather large order for some finished "Zozie" dolls. After getting back from setting up my Hobart exhibition, I got stuck right in, because I want to get them done and sent off before Christmas. Work is well underway and I should have the order ready to go out at the weekend.  Although these are quicker to make than most of the dolls I make, this is still fairly labour intensive. But I don't really mind that. And I like to make each one a little different, even though their little faces come out of the same mould and their bodies are made to the same pattern.



4 comments:

Jan Conwell said...

I love the width of their faces. Sometimes an intensive bit of work is a good zen exercise, isn't it? You can be creative and a little mindless at the same time. :~)

KittyAnn said...

I adore all my Zozies! I think I've three, they are addicting :D Best, Ani in NC, USA

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Jan and Ani!

Lumara said...

so beatiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...