Friday, February 8, 2019

Naming A Doll

Naming a finished doll can be difficult - I seem to run out of names I like, so sometimes I leave the naming to the new owner, as in the case of this recently-completed doll, Claire-Louise. I really like the name and it might have been one I chose myself! This is the first doll for 2019........she is a one-of-a-kind cloth doll. She has a linen fabric body with painted lower limbs and jointed hips. The upper arms are loosely filled and jointed to the body in such a way as to allow a great deal of natural arm positioning. Her legs are firmly stuffed, so she is able to stand easily. The head is also jointed to the shoulder-plate so there is neck mobility. Her wig is wispy-fine blonde Suri alpaca hair, hand-knotted and her clothes are linen, cotton with merino wool yarn for the knits. She has little custom-made leather sandals. I hand-smocked the front of her linen dress.

Meet Claire-Louise:






 

5 comments:

Penny said...

She is lovely Susie, so much detailed work the new owners must be delighted. Love her name too.

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks, Penny - she was a joy to make! Now that I am semi-retired, I can indulge myself a little more and just make things I really want to make. :-)

Hardin County Keepsakes said...

She looks like Cozette. I just named my new puppy Ava Collette .
Cozette was the name of the girl in Les Miserables. My favorite book. judy j

Unknown said...

She looks so wistfull Susie. She is beautiful. I do still have all of my babies that you cleverly made. ❤️ Lizzie Godfrey

عبده العمراوى said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...