Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Little Oak Caps

A couple of weeks ago, I went for a walk......you know, all the right social distancing strategies in place and all. It being Autumn, I found a whole lot of fallen acorns and their little caps as I walked under some oak trees. I collected a few, just because I like them.
When I got home, I got to thinking that they would make perfect little hats for some tiny people, so I got out some materials and started to make some. The heads are tiny, because they had to fit into the little caps, so the bodies were made to suit the sizes of the heads. This is the first one, complete with some needle-felted toadstools:



Here's number two - I made him the tiniest jumper, using two-ply wool and then I thought he needed a chair, so I made this crookedy stick chair for him to sit on. I've had a lot of fun making these and I still have lots of little caps, so I can make a lot more, if I feel like it. It's not as if I don't have time!






6 comments:

Penny said...

Beautiful. Such fun little people.

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Penny - so much fun to make!

Mary Ann Tate said...

So adorable and you must have lots of patience to make that wee jumper :)

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Mary Ann! I must say, the tiny stuff is much more of a challenge than it used to be - the eyes aren't what they used to be!

Carla said...

I have one of your dolls that you sent me in 2011. I can't remember the circumstances but I love her. Her name is Holly. Carla dollartistcarla at aol dot com

Unknown said...

Простите, я на русском пишу..мне очень понравились Ваши куколки! Милые и забавные! Идея шляпок просто блеск! Спасибо за удовольствие их рассматривать! Успехов Вам!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...