Here's my little brown rabbit child - the second doll I've made using this pattern, which I have devised for an up-coming class. I thought I'd better make sure there were no bugs in the design (I don't think there are). It is quite an easy pattern using my "small child head" with a flange at the neck for jointing (the head turns). The most difficult part is painting the head, because it is quite small - this doll is only 23 cms tall to the tips of the ears.
I decided to use the same cotton print fabric that I used for the dress, to make the paw pads and the ear linings and I used thinned down brown acrylic paint to stain the fabric. I really like this simple blue and white spotted cotton fabric. The body fabric is a viscose pile fabric with a woven (non-stretchy) backing.
I love that very worried, serious expression that small children get on their faces when they are really trying to understand something that baffles them - I tried to replicate that expression in this doll's face.