The new house was an awful mess when I moved in - there was still a lot of the previous owners junk here and the place was very filthy - as if it hadn't been cleaned for about ten years. Well, I love a good challenge and a few days of scrubbing with the help of friends and the place was in a state where I could bear to stay here. And the unbearable smell has diminished to undetectability with cleanliness, air, sunshine and painting. (I don't think the curtains or windows had been opened in years) Just to give you an idea, here are some of the clean-up pics:
As you can see, there were some very interesting and downright dangerous diy electrical and plumbing solutions in place!
Here are a few pictures of the house as it is now - still plenty to do, but cleaned up, comfortable and liveable - I'm just chipping away at what needs doing as I have the time and energy. I've given myself a year and a half to get it how I really want it - inside and out.
Here's my "inside studio" (spare bedroom)
…..and the separate backyard bungalow that will become my "outside studio"
In between all the house and garden refurbishing, I have made time to get back into the studio and producing work again after the enforced hiatus:
I'm looking forward now, to being able to take it a little easier than I have for the last few frenetic months and settle back into my normal routines.