Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's Here! It's Here!

After a week of flooding rains, sodden ground and grey, drippy days, the sun has come out and it is actually WARM! The swallows are back (about two weeks earlier than usual) to check out their real estate under the studio eaves and to begin the necessary renovations and sweet things are popping up everywhere in the garden. After a fairly traditionally cold, wet winter, it is lovely to finally feel a bit of Spring in the air.




Do you remember me posting about our glasshouse that got completely destroyed by violent winds a few months ago? Well, here is the magnificent replacement that Bob (with a little help from Y.T.) has built to replace it. It's about four times bigger, so we'll be able to grow heaps more in it, and being a poly-tunnel, it should be flexible enough to withstand big winds.

"I built this!"

The "Sukeshi" dolls are in my Etsy store now and I'm working on a little "Zozie" doll like this one, which Tanya chose as her prize in my recent giveaway.


9 comments:

Golden Fish said...

Какая красивенькая и замечательная!!! Люблю Ваши оригинальные куклы)))

JDConwell said...

It's so funny to see someone excited for the arrival of spring when we're soooo ready for the arrival of fal... But I do know exactly how you feel. Just can't WAIT to plant things, see flowers, feel warm air.

Enjoy, Susie. (Cool green house, btw.)

maddyrose said...

The flowers are beautiful. I think Spring is one of the nicer seasons. Who doesn't love coming out of cold, wet and bleak to sunny skies and new blooms and warm breezes? Love the new green house, I want one just like it.

Dixie Redmond said...

Susie - I smile as I read this. It reminds me you live on the other side of the world. ;-) I'm glad spring is heading your way, we are crossing over to cool right now.

Chris said...

Like you Susie, I have been enjoying the change in weather. The blossom and wattle is out and I have the most amazing freeisa's flowering in the garden. The perfume at my back door is overwhelming beautiful.

Killiecrankie Farm said...

It was a nice snippet of Spring wasn't it !

Great looking polytunnel, and yes they have amazing flex in these roaring 40's. Hope you have those seed trays full of tomatoes ready to go in there.

lucky Tanya !
Your Etsy store is looking full again.

Cyndy Sieving- Reporter said...

as the spring comes so does the heat of the summer. Here we are relieved of the heat. I love fall but winter you can keep LOL

If you venture this way in 2011 or 2012 be sure to let me know I can get a crew of students willing to have classes with you.

Michelle Walker said...

I just found your blog through your give away...the doll is so amazing!! I adore your work...i also adore your greenhouse...we are building one very similar to this this summer.
Mxoxoox

susana said...

i just follow your blog from one of my favorite bear artist, she post her gift of your beautiful sukeshi doll, they got charming faces especially this one put in stripy fabric, she looks friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...