Friday, September 12, 2014

From one extreme..........

The last piece I completed was very small (featured in my last blog post).......now I am working on something at the other extreme. This is HUGE! Ciment fondu. Or ferro-cement if you like. It sure keeps you on your toes working at both ends of the size gamut. The hardest part of working on something like this is getting the structure of the underlying mesh layers (which are all "stitched" together with wire) right. It is time-consuming and painful, but worth it for the joyous fun of slapping on the cement mixture!










4 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Wow that looks so interesting. Can I see a big mask happening.
Hugs Kay

The Hermits said...

So very cool.

Farida said...

Very nice. I loved it.

Farida said...

Very nice, I loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...