Monday, September 23, 2013

Deviot By Bike


I was feeling a bit blue (well, a lot, actually) yesterday, so I decided to do what works for me - go on a long, exhausting bike ride. I filled the thermos with tea, made a sandwich, grabbed a camera and set off. The weather was a bit dodgy-looking, but as I went on, it improved (as did my mood) and it even started to get quite warm (especially on uphill sections.........!)
I went to Deviot via Gravelly Beach and back home via the Motor Road. It was not a particularly photogenic day, but grey days do have their own charms. Ate lunch on the little jetty at the Deviot Sailing Club. Watched the light dancing on the water. Poked around a bit and found these lichen-encrusted boulders on the beach.





All up - probably almost 40 kilometers round trip.
Afterthought: This piece (below) is finished now.








7 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Susie, I'm glad the bike ride lifted you. It would sink me!!! The scenery is beautiful. I loved the colours on the rock. Most of all the art piece you have just finished is Amazing.
Hugs
Kay

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Kay - I've found that physical exercise is the best thing I can do when I get overwhelmed with sorrow.....something to do with released endorphins, I think. Other side-benefits, too - I've lost 14kg!

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

What beautiful countryside ... glad the bike ride was a positive experience for you. :-)

Healing Woman said...

Your sculpture is stunning. I love the way you have created a play of light focused on her-she is mystic looking and wonderful.

Great photography, especially for a dreary day. Thanks for posting.

Anita said...

You live in such a beautiful place...I'm glad you threw yourself out there...Sorrow from such great loss can be difficult to manage. I would probably pull the covers over my head and drown in it...(((HUGS)))

Tanya Murray said...

I wish there was something I could say or do. I was at a BBQ about three weeks ago and someone was telling a funny story about their friend Bob...he lives on.
Dodge the showers and take care not to take a chill, it looks like rain all next week.
xxx

Doug said...

Hi Susie
Like the latest creation, and also the photos - especially the top one with the moody sky and the colours of the seaweed on the beach.
Love
Doug

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...