I'm kind of lucky that I can visualise something and easily work out how the pattern pieces need to be in order to make what I have in mind......apparently not everyone can do this!
So, over a couple of hours last night, I had designed, cut out, sewn, stuffed and assembled this little Elly for Molly and then this morning I spent a little more time on a few baby-safe embellishments. I couldn't find any plush fabric in a good, elephanty colour, so I used this pretty mauve instead - I think it is appropriate for a baby girl.
And here's a new head I'm working on - this one has been covered with fabric already and has been sized prior to gessoing and painting. More design work on this body pattern. If you're wondering about the pencilled-in features, I often do that when I'm making a one-of-a-kind head so that I can see if I have the features balanced.