Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Doll Head - Update

I've done a bit more work on this new head - here are a couple of new photos. I have added a cloth layer and sized the surface ready for painting. I've included a close-up of the face with pencilled-in features to show the textured cloth surface. I won't smooth this back too much prior to painting as I want this texture to show on the completed head. I'm pretty happy with this so far - she has just the expression I was aiming for. Hope I don't mess it up too much when I paint!

8 comments:

bensonbear said...

As if you'd mess it up sis :0)

Susie McMahon said...

You haven't seen my huge jar of reject heads!!

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

From the first time I saw your work I was speechless.
Your little people are so moving and gorgeous there are few words that can describe your work!
The sweetheart you are working on now has such a wistful look it is already perfect. You are an amazing artisan! I don't think you could mess it up if you tried.
Tina xo

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Tina *blushes*
I can assure you I have left a trail of disasters in my wake, though!

Healing Woman said...

There is so much emotion showing in the eyes of this new doll. She will be wonderful when finished.

Sue said...

She is going to be fabulous (as are all your creations). I like that you are leaving the texture of the cloth showing through.

Sue

canngil said...

lovely...waiting to see what you do next!

Tejae: Heart Shaped Art said...

amazing. i've never seen a doll created like this. i'm very interested in learning about the technique.

your work is full of emotion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...