Saturday, March 19, 2011

Introducing Sue McFadden

I'd like to introduce you to one of my all-time favourite dollmakers, Sue McFadden.



Since I discovered her dolls and her blog several years ago I have been taken with the quiet poise and wonderful craftsmanship of her dolls, most of which are made entirely from wool felt. Sue quietly goes about making her dolls and her other art without too much fuss, but really, these stunning works of doll art deserve much more exposure!


Sue has decided to offer an online class in felt doll-making, which is wonderful news indeed! If you want to find out the details of the class go to Sue's blog and while you are there check out her galleries with lots of lovely finished dolls to drool over!







                Sue kindly allowed me to use some of her photos of her dolls - aren't they fabulous?







9 comments:

Unknown said...

God bless you Susie! Thank you so much!

Sue McFadden

Susie McMahon said...

I assure you, Sue, the pleasure is all mine! I think I'd like to do your online class, but I wouldn't be able to until I return from the US in mid-May - would I still be able to sign up then?

MH said...

beautiful ! I think I would love to do this some time in the near future !
Thanks Susie for posting this.

I also want to thank you for all your inspiration and tutorials. It has made me much more confident in that I made some dolls of my own . I have been featured on Cloth and clay dolls ( The Thistle flowers) : ) I never dream that would happen to me. Thank You for your inspiration !

MH said...

This looks so exciting to do !
Where do I get a clay head? I see you have the felt for sale. Is there a list of materials ?

I hope I can do this soon . How long will the class be avaialbe?

Do you do other classes such as the doll with the lion ?

Lori Fox said...

Thanks for sharing :) they are wonderful!

MH said...

Susie I'm afraid I posted to Sue on your blog . Sorry . I got mixed up on the blogging . first post was for you seconed was for Sue .

Susie McMahon said...

MH - no problem - I kinda realized as soon as I read the second comment. A bit confusing - we both have the same first name and a surname beginning with "Mc"!

KittyAnn said...

I LOVE Sue's dolls, especially the children, so sweet. Felt is so wonderful to work with, I have made a Vasalissa kit from Sue, great stuff! Ani

Lezlei Ann Young said...

Beautiful! Another wonderful doll artist! Thanks for sharing Susie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...