Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Simple Pleasure

While I enjoy the challenge of stretching my doll-making abilities into areas of innovation and experimentation, I sometimes also love the pleasure of making something quite simple. The recent work I made for an exhibition stretched me a bit technically so these little dolls were a bit of an antidote......and what fun I had making them!


Very simple constructed in basically two pieces (front and back), they are softly stuffed and I used a bit of basic needle-sculpting to define the neck and the arms. The mask faces are glued onto the front of the head and a few extra details added. This one is Kiki:



......and this one is Coco:


 
 


 

4 comments:

Penny said...

Love these simple little dolls.

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Penny! They certainly are lots of fun to make :-)

Chrissieday said...

Dolls of dreams

Tina Branch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...